Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Fat Girl

For my first post I thought I’d write a little introduction. My name is Kelby and I am a fat girl living in Tennessee. Now, it’s important for you to know that when I refer to myself as fat, I am not being demeaning or cutting myself down, or looking for pity of any kind. I have just come to the fact that I am what I am, I am the one who brought myself here, and that no matter my size, it is my job to love myself and hopefully inspire others to do the same. My weight is not an issue, but my health is. This blog is my way of showing my process, my struggles, and my achievements.


This is me. While this picture is almost two year old, I still feel like it's a good representation of my body shape, and it's a super cute picture of me being active anyway.

As of Fall 2015 I am in my Junior year at Middle Tennessee State University pursuing a bachelor’s degree in English with a focus in writing. Ideally, I’d like to get into the publishing business, but anything where I can flex my writing skills and love for literature would be okay with me.

I collect hobbies like scarves, of which my collection is extensive, so I won’t include a comprehensive list but my minor is Film Studies and is something I am particularly passionate about.

Anyway, I'm sure any and all readers will learn more along the way without me spelling it all out for 'em in the first post.

Until next time,
Kelby.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like my bandana collection, is like, my most developed collection. I mean, my array of bandanas is INSANE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a problem I face too often; do I need this scarf? Inevitably I find a way to convince myself that this scarf is essential to my overall well-being.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete